[C320-list] Dingy on foredeck

Lamar Desmond ldesmond at comcast.net
Thu Sep 3 18:25:22 PDT 2009

Garhauer Davits..........

Blue Moon #358

-----Original Message-----
From: c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com
[mailto:c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com] On Behalf Of jpmesa at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 6:21 PM
To: C320-List at Catalina320.com
Subject: [C320-list] Dingy on foredeck

I was wondering if anyone has come up with any clever way to raise a dingy
onto the foredeck besides using one of my sheets. All my halyards are
through the mast other wise I was thinking about using the windless. Even if
I set up an extra pulley at the base and run a the halyards back to the
windless I still have to deal with the engine.  I could put a winch on the
mast.  I think someone has mention that they did that. I would sure like to
see how and where they installed theirs. Did it need support and where are
the wires etc. Now that I have my second reef setup and running aft to the
cockpit I don’t have any more room back there for another line. Beside I
need to be forward to help bring the dingy aboard. Any ideas?

Thanks, John Holokai  2