[C320-list] Engine Muffler Winterizing

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 8 06:06:08 PDT 2009

Amanda Lu, after wrestling with this for three years, I finally cut the hose
at a convenient place and inserted an automotive flush connection. You can
buy these at any auto store. It has a screw-on cap with the same threads as
a garden hose. I have a short section of hose I attach to this connection
and stick in a bucket of antifreeze (not the same stuff used for the potable
water system.)  It only takes about one minute of engine time for the bucket
to empty. I have someone outside to insure that the color is showing at the
exhaust. Makes the job a no-brainer.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay