[C320-list] Engine Muffler Winterizing

Jim Sweet jamesweet at frontiernet.net
Tue Sep 8 06:17:03 PDT 2009

easier way to do it is to just drain the muffler (unscrew the petcock and
drain it into the bilge then close the petcock), disconnect the raw water
input line from the thruhull, put a funnel in the line and pour in a gallon
or so of pink antifreeze with the engine running until the exhaust "water"
is the pink stuff.  Been doing it for 8 years in upstate NY where the winter
temps get down well below zero.

Jim Sweet
TGIF (Thank God It Floats) 901