[C320-list] FX Sails

Ray Durand durand.mail at verizon.net
Wed Sep 9 08:35:13 PDT 2009

I purchased sails from FX a year ago. Can't honestly say that I would
recommend them.  The salesman I worked with was very knowledgeable and
helpful but I had several problems with what they delivered. In the
end, I'm happy with the results but it was quite a painful experience.

Among the notable problems, the luff was too long, the mainsail slugs
were totally wrong - not even close.  I ordered the Dutchman and it
wasn't installed.  They also charged my credit card way before they
said they would.

I must say that all the problems were eventually taken care of, but I
was the one who had to deal with them including shipping the sails back.

Next time I will use a local loft. I saved some money with FX but it
wasn't worth the headache!

On a mooring in Avalon California -

Ray Durand #822

Sent from my iPhone