[C320-list] Back-up for bilge pump

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 09:44:33 PDT 2009

Our older versions used a Jabsco diaphragm pump mounted in the locker under
the nav table seat with a pickup hose through the port stringer into the
bilge and the output hose running under the galley cabinets. Catalina used a
float switch which was not particularly durable and many of us have replaced
them with electronic versions. There was a Mainsheet article on this subject
in the past year.

You could add this pump as originally installed and mount your switch 3/4 of
the way to the top of the bilge, so that it would not kick in until the
water level rose above the Rulemate. The Rulemate came out decently in the
following review.

http://www.powerboat-reports.com/sample/bilge.html

--
Chris Burti Farmville, NC