[C320-list] U Bracket for Turnbuckle

Karl Krueger smoothsail282 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 17 10:45:51 PDT 2009

Hello All:

Racing yesterday and the head sails sheet got caught between at the bottom of the turnbuckle (right under the clevis pin on the U bracket)  To make a really long story short the U bracket the attaches to the chain plate opened up.  The clevis pin was 90% out so the U Bracket bent, or should I say started the open (straightened).  This was for the main shroud.  We were very fortunate that it didn't completely snap.

The question is can I get this part from Catalina (Calf. or Florida) or elsewhere?  Suggestion?

Karl K. (Kindred Spirit, #282, Milwaukee WI)