[C320-list] Holding tank sensor

djgleason1 djgleason1 at juno.com
Mon Sep 28 14:11:37 PDT 2009

I installed a tank monitor several years ago that I purchased through
West Marine.  I do not recall the brand name.  It has a black plastic
plate that I mounted on the hull liner directly behind the toilet.  There
is one red light that comes on when the tank is within 2" of being
filled.  Installation was easy.  Most difficult part was passing the
wirring from the tank to the space behind the toilet.  Had to remove the
medicine cabinet.  Probably took me an hour, as I am a slow worker.  Only
tools needed was something to cut a hole in the holding tank.  I have a
set of hole saw blades, but you could use a wood bit as you are cutting
into plastic.

If the pump you have been rebuilding is the manual pump, I would suggest
replacing the entire head.  If you catch one of the sales at WM, they are
cheaper the the rebuild kit.  If not on sale, it would probably be a
smart choice, as the base on mine split and was non repairable.  I think
your boat must be a 1994, as hull numbers did not jump around.  Check
your hull identification number on the starboard side of the transom.
One of the numbers identifies the year of manufacture.  Somewhere in the
archives there is an explanation of what each character means.

Dave Gleason, #150 (1994)