[C320-list] Bow nav light---no power

MICHAEL COLE mcol3781 at bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 13 18:14:44 PDT 2010

Don   After going out on New Years Eve to watch the fireworks here in Sydney a couple of years ago and  having checked the lights earlier in the day I was horrified the nav lights didn't work when I needed them. I was mystified when I checked the bow light with an ammeter and also tried a new globe in it. After removing the little panel in the anchor locker I found that the connection between 2 wires was made by placing them alonside each other and stapling them together. The staple was loose and was making intermittent contact.  As I had bought the boat new in 1996 this "system" had worked for 11 years ! I'm sure it wasn't done this way with Catalina management approval.
                Mike Cole  #421   MIo Dio