[C320-list] Broken Impellar

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 11 17:01:57 PDT 2010

When our #62 was ours for about a year or two, I had overheating problems.
In removing the fwd cap from the heat exchanger, I found 7 impeller blades
there. There was more than one color blade so I know it was more than one
incident. None of them were from our ownership. So, for maybe two years I
did not have a problem. Then, for no explainable reason, they became a
problem. Hard find, easy fix. Also a Perkins engine.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay