[C320-list] Side curtains

Joseph A Tamucci jtamucci at comcast.net
Sun Aug 8 15:29:02 PDT 2010

I'm in the process of building side curtains (screen & clear vinyl) for
Andante.  Does anyone know, or have any pics to share of  their layout ?
Andante is hull #619 (1999) with a dodger and bimini (behind and above the
boom) with a 6ft sunbrella attachment piece.

Sailrite suggested we build the screen 1st and then attach the clear vinyl
to the screening using zippers and twist clips  We have the screening 90%
complete (just need to install the twist clips) and will be using 20 gauge
clear vinyl.  Yes, I know the standard is 40 gauge but with the screening as
UV and structural support they should fair fine until we have to replace the
original canvas.  The resulting enclosure will go from the dodger to the end
of the attachment.  Phase 2 will take have pices added so that the wheel
will be enclosed this year or next.  Total cost of materials is estimated to
be $500 for phase 1 and $200 for phase 2.  My wife is using a standard sears
sewing machine which is very marginal.  We may get a Sailrite HD machine at
a cost 0f $699 since the vinyl will be tougher and we will be doing the
sailcover soon.

I will try to send pics to the sight when the job is complete.

Joe Tamucci