[C320-list] Waste hoses-- location

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 13:03:32 PDT 2010

Fred, what a coincidink, our slipmate is also "First Light" however not a
Catalina.  We also did all the hoses when we replaced the holding tank. On
our #62, we don't have the battery switch where your's is. However, I don't
think that should be an issue. Attach the new hoses to the old and pull it
through. You'll have to remove the cabinet in the head to access the
connections to the vent and deck. On ours, there is not much room to work so
I found it necessary to remove the deck fill and replace the vent thru-hull
fitting.

Easiest way I found is to push the deck fill up through the deck with the
old hose attached and work on it on-deck.  Once you have the old hose out,
doing the vent is much easier.

I think I did a write-up that was in the Mainsheet.  I you or anyone wants a
copy, send a request off-line and I'll send it as an attachment.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr de Mar"