[C320-list] Boat Draft and Grounding (Wing Keel)

David Nolte dcnolte at mac.com
Fri Aug 13 12:29:12 PDT 2010

Careful Bert, with the wing keel I believe that our rudders are
slightly deeper than our keels, by several inches.

At least mine is, and the other 320s I have seen out of the water.

So you need to exercise special care if you ground, especially if you
try to turn to get off. If you turn on your keel to get off and then
make contact with the rudder and the bottom, you can damage the rudder.

David Nolte
Beach House 4