[C320-list] Jabsco Impeller kit

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 13:05:28 PDT 2010

The stock impeller comes with the "O" ring, as it fits a number of pumps. My
pump uses a gasket not the "O" ring. I've made new gaskets using gasket
material purchased at an auto store, and keep several onboard. I coat the
gasket with Teflon grease before using. They survive many openings.

FYI I don't use the 10-blade impeller choosing to use the Globe #65416
"Run-Dry" blue 6-blade impeller.  I get these from Defender.com.  I have
verified that the 6-blade is as efficient as the 10-blade; and, they last
longer in my experience.

It seems the price of impellers has nearly doubled over the past 3 or so
years.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr de Mar"  Also with Perkins M30