[C320-list] Hot water tank bypass

Paul Rickman ilove2sail at verizon.net
Sun Aug 29 15:24:46 PDT 2010

Brad,

I have done this. I went to the local hardware store and bought (1/2 inch I
think male) the plastic parts
and using hose clamps put them into a one ft long garden hose that I cut.
Disconnect the
fittings from the heater. It is possible that my setup is different but probably
not.
I then connect that to the red and blue line fittings. One end is metric the
other not.
Wish I knew the names of the fittings but I don't.
 I did this because the female parts I have
are 1/2 inch. I'll be at the boat tomorrow and confirm this. It is really each
to do.
The fittings on the end of the red and blue lines are half inch.

I store the one ft long hose under the sink and it is there each winter for use.
I then use a shop vac to get the water out of the heater.

If all else fails, look in the West Marine Catalog for the part names.
On page 512 the part I have is called an "adapter Female 1/2" So the
red and blue line goes in one end, the other is 1/2 inch where I connect
the length of hose I made up.  Of course you can buy the commercial
bypass if you like.

Paul
Affinity 657 (1999)
Bay Bridge Marina