[C320-list] eliminating odor

Jack McDonough mcdonough5 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 30 17:45:43 PDT 2010

We've had the same odor problem on our 320, Hull No. 947, since we bought
it. We just recently tried PureAyre, by the way, and it's minimally
effective. It's not the answer.

Installing a third fresh water tank specifically for flushing purposes may
solve, or at least reduce, the problem. But a boat that costs in the
neighborhood of $100,000+  shouldn't require this magnitude of upgrade to
make the head usable without unpleasant odors.

Since this same problem seems to affect a large number of 320s, does it
occur to anyone that there apparently is a basic design flaw here? I don't
recall having this problem on our Cape Dory 30.

Jack
"Sure Bet"