[C320-list] Roller Furling

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Tue Aug 31 07:14:14 PDT 2010

Good to know Chris!
Thanks. -J
-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Burti <clburti at gmail.com>
Sender: c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 08:40:14
To: <C320-List at catalina320.com>
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Roller Furling

Straight from my conversation with Schaefer Customer Service...The
races were a bit tight and there was no porting on the top to be able
to flush the races conveniently. The new assembly is a little looser
and now there is a port in the top to allow better flushing of the
bearings.

If you have not had a problem, it simply means that you have done a
better job of flushing the bearings than those of us who required a
replacement...there is nothing "defective" in the old unit...they are
just not as user friendly and Schaefer is being very proactive about
customer service on this issue.

I don't know for sure, but guessing that the change is fairly recent
and if you do not have flushing ports above the bearing, you need to
be very thorough in flushing the unit on the prior model.

--
Chris Burti Farmville, NC