[C320-list] Dutchman Flaking System

hcreech at comcast.net hcreech at comcast.net
Tue Dec 14 03:01:22 PST 2010

John,
I struggled with mine for nine seasons until one of the lines broke. In talking to Dutchman and relating my experience they suggested I advance the line blocks about 6 inches forward. What a difference. It doesn't work like the demonstration they show at the Annapolis boat show, but last season it worked really well. Hard to believe such a minor difference would make it work so much better, but it did. The only thing I would replace it with is an in boom furler. I am really glad my boat does not have in mast furling.

Herb Creech
Cloud Chaser #606