[C320-list] Dutchman Flaking System

ericstillwellevans at gmail.com ericstillwellevans at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 04:58:15 PST 2010

I've had it on my 320 for three years and it works flawlessly. I recently stopped using it this year with my race sails and found I sailed much less as it was a chore to blow the main and flake it myself.

Where as with the dutchman I could go out in any conditions with any crew and be confident I could do everything myself.

I would think most of the problems you're reading about have to do with user error.  I simply pushed the lines all the way up as far as they'd go tighten the topping lift snug the vang and blow the main sheet. Depending on wind conditions and angle of wind the main would fall down and only need slight adjustment to the flake.

Rick
724