[C320-list] Dutchman Flaking System

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 14 06:05:27 PST 2010

We have used the dutchman now 16 years and swear by it (some swear at it)--The first five or six sails--boat and sails new--I had to fight a bit to get the flakes neat.  Once the sail 'learned' how to fall the system has been a breeze.  I have replaced the lines once and am looking at replacement again in a couple of years. We have no slits in the cover. Lazy jacks on previous boats took two people to do it correctly, and would not work on our 320 due to the circus sized bimini I built back in 1994.    Ken, OBUOY  #219