[C320-list] Boat visit after snowstorm

Brad Kuether bkuether at comcast.net
Tue Feb 9 15:50:02 PST 2010

I know from reading the list that some of you (myself included) were worried about the weight of the recent snow on our boats essentially sitting on their keels.

I went down to the marina and found Independence no worse the wear and certainly not "hogging" on the stand.  I honestly didn't think I would find it that way but my mind told me it "could" happpen.  So I made the trip anyway.

It had about 3 feet in the cockpit (it was nearly full) and up to 2 feet on the deck in places.  At the highest part of the deck it had less than 2 inches.

I don't think the existing snow is a problem, I only went because of the additional 12 to 20 inches that are currently coming down now.  I cleaned off what I could and now I will sleep very well knowing nothing will happen.

Bruce - Adventure is fine, winter cover is getting a work out however.  But you have quite a bit less than everyone else because of the cover.

Warren - I couldn't find Warr de Marr, tried but didn't have a lot of time because technically I was "working".

For those of you not in the loop, Maryland has beaten all recorded snow records.  We have 30 in places with 12 to 20 on its way.

So much for a "moderate climate", Californians and Canadians need not comment.  :)

-Brad, Mary, Monica, and Jarod
"Independence"
2004 Catalina 320 Hull 1006
Middle River, MD