[C320-list] generator question

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Sun Feb 7 17:26:18 PST 2010

The generator is more than enough to power your 120 VAC powered
battery charger, and then some.  We'll take your conservative guess
and presume your chargers max output is 12 VDC @ 10 amps.  Ohms' law
states that P = E x I (or watts = voltage x current).  If your power
consumption is ~120 AH/day, or 1440 watts (12 volts X 120 amps =1440
watts), then it should take the charger ~10 hours to replace the 120
AH (12 volts X 10 amps/hour = 120 watts X 12 hours = 1440 watts) you
drained from the batteries.  However, your charger output is likely
around 14 VDC, so the recharge time will be somewhat less; perhaps ~8
hours?  I think I've got Ohms' law right but others on the list may be
better versed than I, so if I'm all wet, someone please step up.

Bob Seastream
Intuition # 906