[C320-list] generator question

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Sun Feb 7 18:37:40 PST 2010

Bob,

Ohms law is right but batteries don't absorb power at the rate you put it
in, some of it goes to heat and gassing.  Also, the charger won't be putting
out 14v for the whole time.  Once you get into the absorption phase the
charger will hold the voltage constant and the amps going in will reduce as
the battery takes on more charge.  See http://www.batteryfaq.org/  Click on
"Car and Deep Cycle Battery Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) 2009" and then
go to Section 9, for more information than you will ever need.

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #1141