[C320-list] Water in Propane locker

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 12:26:41 PST 2010

Ours (867) does not have a gasket (not sure why you would need one) and yes
the drain outlet is on the port transom.

The drain hose was too long on ours (and reportedly on some others) this
created a P-trap effect which was bad on two counts.

First and of utmost concern, it trapped water which blocks any propane gas
(heavier than air but not water) from draining.

Second, it trapped water which helped collect scum which added to the spider
webs increased the more solid blockages

I shortened my hose to eliminate most of the bend and regularly shoot water
up this drain, the cockpit scupper drains  and the anchor well drain to
clean them out.
.

--
Chris Burti Farmville, NC