[C320-list] Electrical problem

Mike Paris mparis495 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:01:57 PST 2010

Last weekend I went out for a day-sail. I usually put the battery sith on "both" but I forgot and left it on "2" for the trip. The engine started normally, I motored for about 30 minutes and then sailed for about 2 1/2 hours. When I went to restart the engine it was dead (no sound when pushing the start button). I changed the battery switch to "both" and the the engine started right up. The electrical draw during the sail was a fully cooled refrigerator, the chartplotter and ST60 gauges. My boat is always plugged in to shorepower with charger on when in the slip. I have two wet-cell batteries that I believe are about four years old (I've owned the boat for 2 1/2 years). I'm not knowledable about electrical systems so I'm looking for advice as to steps to take to find possible problems when I head down there this weekend.

Thanks to all,
Mike P