[C320-list] Battery Bank - how to go from 2 to 1

Alan Goodman goodmanalanlee at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 27 15:18:20 PST 2010

Having followed the ongoing discussion about house batteries, I am considering combining my two banks into one.  Since the 4D batteries are on opposite sides of the boat, how have people done this?  Some of the options would be to combine the leads for the batteries at the back of the 1-2-off-both switch or run wire under the sole to tie the batteries together while removing one lead at the back of the 1-2-off-both switch.  Also, I have a 10 year old Pro Mariner charger which people do not seem to be too fond of.  It is a three bank charger, so I could add a dedicated start battery, but given it is so much smaller than the 4D batteries, will that cause a problem when the charger operates?  I'm spending a ton of money on other stuff this winter and from what I can tell the current setup works OK, so maybe I should leave well enough alone until I need to replace the batteries.  Thoughts?  Alan, hull 67, Holland Michigan