[C320-list] Electrical problem

Brad Kuether bkuether at comcast.net
Fri Jan 8 18:36:39 PST 2010

Mike,

A battery that dies after one start tells me one of two things.

1. Your battery is dead and only had enough to do one start.
2. Your battery charger is dead or the plug was loose and you really weren't
charging all this time.

One thing you do want to be careful about is starting on "both".   When out
and about I feel it is best to run on one battery at a time.  If your other
battery was marginal, and you started on "both" you would have equalized a
low charge over two batteries and may not have gotten your engine started.
By accident you actually may have saved yourself from two very low batteries
and a tow.

-Brad, Mary, Monica, and Jarod
"Independence"
2004 Catalina 320 Hull 1006