[C320-list] 125% Jib

Sean Kaldor spkaldor at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 15:15:43 PST 2010

Hi -

I have a 1998 fin keel #499 that I just brought up from San Diego to San Francisco. The PO had a 150% that was cut to go almost down to the deck. When I got to the gate at maybe 15kt winds, the 150 was *way* overpowered, especially in puffs.

So I have the opposite problem - looking to go down a size - and am also interested in everyone's opinion's about a good head sail size for SF Bay winds - generally 15-30kt.

All I can add is that 150 is *too big*. It can be pulled in, but would probably need to be 80-90% of the time, which means I've got the wrong sail for this area.

Sean