[C320-list] 125% Jib

Pat Ireland cherie320 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 14:17:38 PST 2010

Sean:

I think a 90-110 with a reefed main is the right combination for the Slot -
Golden Gate to Berkeley and SF City Front to Marin.  I expected a larger
headsail on the 320, but our Catalina Broker told us that most Bay area 320s
came with 110s.  The 110 is reasonable to handle and moves the boat
well.....except in light winds.

Our PO replaced the sails last year, so I have a used 110 that you can
try while you decide on a replacement for the 150.  Send me an E-mail if you
are interested.  I hate to think Liberte is stuck at the dock when she could
be out sailing.
But if a 90-110 is the working sail, what is the right solution for light
air?  Down wind to Vallejo is a drag with a small headsail.   It would seem
that a 1.5 oz 150 with a wire luff could be set inside the furled headsail
with less trouble than a spinaker.  Does an asymetrical with a stuffer and a
tacker work better?

Pat Ireland, Cherie, 801