[C320-list] Repowering update and anti-siphon height?

Fred Grimann fgrimann at vcc.ca
Thu Jan 14 01:44:00 PST 2010

The anti-siphon valve is mounted in the engine compartment, port side
next to the refrigerator wall on #69. There have not been any problems
to date except for occasional cleaning of the salt crystals on the
rubber valve. Note: Lengthening hoses adds to the flow resistance. Is
this a concern?!

Fred Grimann
Automotive Technician Program
email fgrimann at vcc.ca
>>> Bernie Garrett <berniegarrett at telus.net> 01/13/10 7:06 PM >>>
Thanks folks,

I¹ll take a look. I guess it probably is worth moving as Catalina
obviously
thought it should be higher! I wonder if there were incidents of engine
flooding? Looks a bit tricky to get from the heater hose outlet to the
port
locker but I¹ll see what my mechanic thinks. I¹ll post where it ends up
with
details of the engine change later!

Cheers
Bernie