[C320-list] Repowering update and anti-siphon height?

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Thu Jan 14 04:14:34 PST 2010

Bernie,

Why not check with Catalina for the reason it was moved?  My attitude would
be if it isn't broke, don't fix it.  Of course if it is a liability then you
might want to, but I am not sure it is.

The anti-siphon needs to be above the waterline as I understand it.  When
you heel, one side of the boat gets closer to the waterline, and the other
gets farther away.  On the centerline of the boat the distance from the
waterline shouldn't change much.  So if the anti-siphon is above the water
line at rest it should stay there.

I have been a little concerned about the anti-siphons that are at the rail.
If I put the rail in the water then they could be below the waterline.  I
have had WindSwept for 15 years without experiencing a problem I know of, so
I have stopped worrying too much.

Larry
WindSwept C320 #246