[C320-list] Raw water

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Fri Jan 15 09:56:47 PST 2010

In theory no prime is needed.  In practice, it depends on the condition
of your pump.  Sometimes it helps to pour some vegetable oil or a bit of
water soluble lubricant into the pump cavity before you close it up.  It
also helps avoid burning up your impeller while you try to get water
flowing.  Revving the engine for a few seconds can also make a big
difference with a marginal pump, with obvious risks to the impeller if
you overdo it.

--
Scott Thompson
Surprise, #653