[C320-list] pad eye attached to deck

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Sat Jan 23 07:56:24 PST 2010

I have #246 and added a folding pad eye in this location.  The deck was
cored.  I drilled holes that were oversized, filled them completely with
West epoxy with some form of filler (fibers or spheres??), and then
redrilled for the size needed for the bolts.  I used fender washers on the
inside and this construction seemed to be strong as there was no deformation
of the liner when I tightened everything up.

Larry
WindSwept C320 #246