[C320-list] AGM Batteries and Battery Charger

Bruce Heyman bruceheyman at cox.net
Wed Jan 27 09:04:35 PST 2010

Bob,
Do you also have the Balmer external regulator?  Is it set for AGM
batteries?   According to Lifeline's web site:

"GPL-4DL Charging Instructions and Voltages:
Bulk Charge Voltages: 14.20 - 14.60
Absorbtion Charge Voltages: 14.20 - 14.60volts
Float Charge Voltages: 13.10 - 13.40
The GPL-4DL is designed for charging amperages up to 210 amps or 100% of the
rated Amp Hour Capacity due to low battery internal resistance."

If the external regulator is set for wet batteries then it will cut back the
bulk mode fairly quickly and you lose the big advantage of having the larger
alternator.  If not it should take all that the Alternator can give it
during the bulk phase.  I believe wet batteries are limited to about 25% of
amp hour capacity.

Bruce Heyman Somerset #671 SoCal