[C320-list] Whisker pole set up

Alan Goodman goodmanalanlee at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 13 16:02:21 PDT 2010

Hello.  Just bought a used Forespar 14 foot spinnaker pole for use as a whisker pole with my 135% and 150% genoas.   Two questions I am seeking advice for.

First, my drawings of the mast cross section show conduit and wires at the leading edge of the mast.  Has anyone successfully installed (i.e. drilled into and used fastners) either a track or padeye for their pole?  I am concerned about the wiring being damaged by the drill and/or fastners.

Second, as an alternative, I am considering using a sliding car with welded ring in conjunction with the inboard coach roof genoa track to affix the inboard end of the pole.  Any experience of thoughts as to this setup?

Alan Hull 67 Holland, MI