[C320-list] Tip of the Hat to Berkeley Point

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Thu Jul 15 16:48:57 PDT 2010

Hi All,

http://www.berkeleypoint.com/

I purchased 4 titanium split rings to replace the cheesey stock SS ones on the lifeline pelican hooks.  These were 1-1/4" in diameter and threaded perfectly through the holes.  They are extremely strong and large enough to get your finger through for comfortably opening the lifelines.

I also had previously bought a really high quality, very rugged Stainless Steel Ratchet  strap buckle for 2" wide webbing.  I use this to snug the dinghy up to the davit arms while under way.  The quality is nothing like the cheap stuff from the hardware store.

I used 2" heavy duty webbing from a tow strap I disassembled and sprayed it with 303 for some UV protection.

Also they have a wide assortment of quality Suncor and other hardware available. I got some large Suncor D-Rings for 1/3 of west marine's prices a couple years back.

The prices are really good.  The ratchet strap was around $65 whereas the closest competitor I could find was more than double for the same exact part.

Check 'em out if you're in the need...

-Jeff

PS: no kickbacks for me unfortunately and your mileage may vary, void where prohibited, past performance is no guarantee of future performance...etc.  :)