[C320-list] Temperture Sender - 3GM30F

Jamie Pett JPett at JP2ARCHITECTS.COM
Tue Jul 27 09:40:29 PDT 2010

I have what I believe is a failure of the temperature sender on our 1999
- Yanmar 3 GM 30 F.  On starting the engine, it immediately reads 240
degrees.  The engine is running perfect, pumping water and cooling fine,
etc.

When I spoke to a marine dealer to get the sender, they said I needed to
know what system / gage type  it was, since it wasn't Yanmar made sender
-they mentioned  Teleflex, Stewart Warner, etc. - I cannot find any such
indication on the gage or the sender, although I have not removed sender
yet.

Anyone have any thoughts , including any special process for the removal
I should know about ? - It seems like its just one wire and then it
screws in like a spark plug.

Thanks -

Jamie Pet

Bella Luna