[C320-list] Yanmar 3YM30 - Leaking hose barb

Allan S. Field allan.field at verizon.net
Fri Jul 2 19:02:48 PDT 2010

Brad - I can't help you with the 3YM30m but...on my previous boat, the
alternator wore a hole through the hose.  I was sailing on the Patapsco in
March, a friend went down below, and coming back up, asked if 4 inches of
water sloshing around over the floor boards was normal.  Fortunately, it
only took me about 10-15 minutes to figure out where my leak was coming from
and get it fixed.  And fortunately, I was not singlehanded that day and had
a friend who went down below and discovered the water.  The point is that
you need to get the hose away from the alternator immediately and replace
any hose with wear patterns.    But was that water ever cold... - Allan