[C320-list] AC reversed polarity light

vpweikel at comcast.net vpweikel at comcast.net
Thu Jul 8 12:51:12 PDT 2010

Scott,

My problem did not require a test meter since the stern plug was "fried black" by a direct short between hot and neutral leaving a conductive carbon trail that let a small current flow and trigger the reversed polarity light circuit.  Damage was clearly visible.

I'm not an electrician but I suppose if you had a VOHM you could check resistance ohms between hot and neutral on the stern plug.  Ohms resistance should be very high like an open circuit.  Stern plug is easily removed and not an expensive part,  maybe $30 from memory.

Paul Weikel

Second Chance #361