[C320-list] Rigging for 30+knts

Dennis Harris dharris02 at suddenlink.net
Wed Jul 14 05:23:07 PDT 2010

In sailing in 30+ knots wind and the time comes to run for cover, that
probably means docking in these conditions.  Single handed, or with
inexperienced crew, how do/have you done this without damaging the boat?

Secondly, how should I do it?.....typical situation, standard fixed piling
slip (14' x 35') oriented N-S, wind from SW over 3 mile fetch, 8-9' depth
with significant wave/chop action.  Slip approach in fairway will be to E,
200' down wind/cross wind.  Hazards are short finger pier on leeward side of
slip and adjacent boats extending a little into fairway.

Dennis Harris
C320 # 694