[C320-list] Any experience with the Racor Vent air/fuel Separator??

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Mon Jul 19 08:07:26 PDT 2010

Jon,

I installed a product called WhisAlert 3 years ago.  The whistle doesn't work for the fuel fill rate I use. Whoever it does have a container that can hold about a cup of fuel before the overflow on the transom.

What it seems to do is provide a bit of back pressure as we'll as containing the foam.  I've often wondered if the foam isn't what spits out most of the time anyway.

When it is full now, I get an alert with a bit of backflow up the filler pipe, so a paper towel cleans that up easier.

I can't recommend this unit because it doesn't work as advertised, but it does cut down on the spillage.

I bet the racor would work better. I mounted my unit on vertical spot of the transom.  And its nicely out of the way.

-Jeff