[C320-list] C320-list Digest, Vol 841, Issue 1

Albrecht, Alan Alan.Albrecht at Williams.com
Mon Jul 19 13:14:03 PDT 2010

We lived on our 320 for a couple of winter season here in the Gulf. We
didn't experience the weather extremes that happen in the NE. However,
we did have a really positive experience with portable ceramic heaters
in the living space. Be mindful of the loading on the 30 A circuit
feeding your boat if you choose supplemental electric heat while running
the reverse cycle heat pump.

-----Original Message-----
From: c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com
[mailto:c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com] On Behalf Of Warren
Updike
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 2:21 PM
To: C320-List at Catalina320.com
Subject: Re: [C320-list] C320-list Digest, Vol 841, Issue 1

Tom, a friend of mine who's opinions re. boating I greatly respect tells
me
that diesel heaters are the most proficient for heating a boat.  Maybe
not
an option for a temporary situation.

Perhaps you can augment your installed system with ceramic heaters. The
great advantage of these is that they are not combustion heaters, so you
don't need a source of outside air.  Plus they are very safe in
situations
where there are children, pets, and goofuses.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay