[C320-list] KIWI PROP

Shawn Maloney smaloney1 at cogeco.ca
Mon Jul 26 17:21:56 PDT 2010

Sorry I cannot recommend the Kiwi prop.  I had one for three years and it
loaded my Perkins up so bad in reverse that it would stall out (no
adjustment for the pitch).  It damaged my gearbox and even sheared off its
own roller stopper.  The composite material also wears down over time and
this also changes the pitch.  I remember seeing a video on you tube about
this same problem.

Now I have a Variprop :)

Yes a feathering or folding prop whatever the manufacture will yield much
better sailing performance. I believe it has a larger effect than new sails.

Shawn Maloney Hull #14