[C320-list] Bilge pump replacement - Noisy can be good

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Mon Jul 26 21:02:10 PDT 2010

Chris-I agree with you on the benefits of having a rather loud bilge pump.
On my hull 894 the bilge is dry throughout the season and if I hear the
bilge pump going there would be a leak some where.  There is a red light on
the electrical panel indicating the bilge pump is operating.  If the pump
was silent in operation, it is unlikely you would notice the light going on.

I think the best solution would be a very quiet bilge pump with a defeatable
alarm at the helm or in the cabin so you would know it is working and could
turn off the alarm when appropriate.

A silent pump on the water pressure system would be a good improvement for
me.

Bob Sloat
Savannah