[C320-list] Bilge pump replacement - Noisy can be good

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 05:18:13 PDT 2010

I replaced my fresh water pump with one of the VSD models and it made a huge
difference in the noise level and the amount of run time as well. It
completely eliminated the need for an accumulator tank and was essentillay a
drop in replacement. I saved the old pump, but have never found a use for it
yet.

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:02 AM, Robert E. Sloat <resloat at comcast.net>wrote:

> Chris-I agree with you on the benefits of having a rather loud bilge pump.
> On my hull 894 the bilge is dry throughout the season and if I hear the
> bilge pump going there would be a leak some where.  There is a red light on
> the electrical panel indicating the bilge pump is operating.  If the pump
> was silent in operation, it is unlikely you would notice the light going on.
>
> I think the best solution would be a very quiet bilge pump with a
> defeatable alarm at the helm or in the cabin so you would know it is working
> and could turn off the alarm when appropriate.
>
> A silent pump on the water pressure system would be a good improvement for
> me.
>
> Bob Sloat
> Savannah
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Burti" <clburti at gmail.com>

>>> 94, $229.99, has an in line fuel filter, and I sware , you will never
>>> hear
>>> it. Probably built for a 40' boat, but go for it, I promise, one of the

--
Chris Burti Farmville, NC