[C320-list] Dutchman Replacement Line Source

catalina at thehares.com catalina at thehares.com
Thu Jun 17 07:26:34 PDT 2010

Hello,

   In looking around for suitable replacement monofilament line for
the Dutchman, I ended up purchasing a 100yard coil of 600lbs test
Monofilament Fishing Leader online through TackleDirect.com for about
$42.

There's a picture on our website in the Technical Photo gallery here:
http://www.catalina320.com/mediagallery/media.php?s=20100617100742143

I don't recall precisely how many feet it takes to replace both lines,
but I'd guess that you could get 4 or 5 sails done with 300 feet, so
getting a few buddies together on this could be a pretty economical
way to go.

The prices on the Dutchman site were much higher, but sometimes
they'll send you a free replacement which is even a better deal :)

I know some have used round weed wacker line, but this stuff is really
smooth and very strong, so it's one option.

-Jeff