[C320-list] C320 fuel tank cleaning - Baltimore/Annapolis area - Done!

Brad Kuether bkuether at comcast.net
Sun Jun 27 17:16:01 PDT 2010

Scott reminded me I hadn't followed up on my fuel cleaning adventure.

I finally went with "Clean Fuels" out of Annapolis.  The cost was 225
dollars, which I felt was reasonable for what I was getting.

They cannot clean out via the fill, you have to take the boards off the tank
and let them have access via the sender unit.

They came when they were supposed to, access was acceptable, and they left
clean with no mess.

I have checked my FWS and there is nothing in there, and based on
reputation, there shouldn't be.

I recommend them if you need this service.  Mine apparently was "not really
bad" but being the 2nd owner I wanted to make sure.

I have been very careful to not let the boat sit with less than 3/4 tank.
Scotts idea below with an access place will work, but only if big enough to
allow all the screws holding the sender unit to the tank to be removed/not
lost.

-Brad, Mary, Monica, and Jarod
"Independence"
2004 Catalina 320 Hull 1006