[C320-list] SURVEY Anchor Type. Anchor Weight. Chain Length.

Robert Tiernay bob.tiernay at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 14:49:30 PDT 2010

I use

1) Delta
2) 35 lb
3) 40 feet 5/16 chain
5) 300 feet 5/8 nylon
6) Bottoms: ICW MD to FL  and Bahamas - all kinds of bottoms typically less
than 15 feet.

set and retrieved by hand - fits on the roller.

This combo has only failed me once in 3 years and about 500 anchorings and
I'm not sure about the one failure.  I sleep at night but still use a GPS
alarm.

Observations: - losts of bruce failures in the bahamas,  a few CQR failures
there (but avery common anchor)

I bought the delta based on a field test report on the internet - works
great.

Bob Tiernay
Windwalker