[C320-list] Stanchion replacement

Wash, Steve wash at advantageelectronics.com
Tue Jun 1 15:46:38 PDT 2010

It looks to be about 20-30 degrees.  You can still walk past it, but it
will certainly scrape you up when you go forward to get to the anchor
locker.

It looks like the part that bent is the plate that the vertical tube is
welded to.  On #1029, there are 2 screws (inboard) that attach a
z-shaped plate to the deck.  The stanchion is welded to that.  It is
clearly designed to hold things in the boat and to give in to forces
outside the boat.

Is your procedure to:

1. Loosen the screws.
2. Straighten (with room to over bend)
3. Seal
4. Tighten screws

How long are the screws ... I don't want to tear them out.

Steve