[C320-list] leak revisited

David J Cardoza dave at avaloncon.com
Thu Jun 10 12:50:02 PDT 2010

As I recall you sail on a lake so the water would be fresh no matter
where it comes from.   If you could go this far put green food coloring
in the fwd tank and blue in the aft leaving both closed.  If it's clear
then it's in the cooling loop or rainwater that works its way to the
open part of the bilge when sailing. Blue or green then check the tank
lines or expansion port.  If you don't get water then open one of supply
valves from a tank try again and you may be able to trace it to a
particular area.

My issue was with the water heater expansion valve and it would only
leak if the pressure was on and the engine had heated the water (much
hotter than the electric element).  Teltail being hot water pooled under
the sink.