[C320-list] Troubleshooting Waterpump

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 13 17:16:04 PDT 2010

Bob, I had a problem with my pump and I was able to purchase a rebuild kit
for it. Maybe I had left some water in it and it froze breaking the small
diaphragms inside.  Your plumbing may be different; but, on my #62, I would
detach the hose from the pump under the galley sink and stick it in
something to collect the water then turn on the pump to see if it flows.
Place your thumb over the end of the hose and you should feel the pressure.

You can also take apart the diaphragm assembly on the pump to see if there
are any broken parts.  If so, this may be a good opportunity to buy a better
pump.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay